In our experience when building a pergola our preference for a base would be a concrete slab, either existing or newly laid.
In our opinion, decks really only work in an area where the land falls away from the house dramatically, whereas concrete is more suited to a level building area where the finished height is limited.
PROS – CONCRETE
- Less maintenance
- Better value for money (1/3 of the cost of a finished deck per square metre)
- Quicker turnaround
- More options for finishes
PROS – DECK/DECKING
A natural aesthetic feature
- Perfect for steep blocks to increase entertaining floorspace
- Great for two storey homes
- We offer steel or aluminium frame for compliance in bushfire and coastal areas